PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRB and the CAA
Thread: CRB and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2010, 19:47
hotcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRB checks coming soon for flying instructors, later on, how about CRB checks for friends and family members that are in regular contact with children, why not, surely it fits the same logic?

Now then, I really do hope there is a reversal of this nonsense, because the real issue is about further control by the state and making us feel very vulnerable in the process. I get sick to the back teeth when I hear people say “oh if it saves just one person from abuse it is worth it.” With that mindset we would do absolutely nothing and life would be dull and stressful. What the Government should be concentrating on is severely punishing paedophiles without bringing everything down to the lowest common denominator (i.e. CRB checks for all flying instructors who take up minors). I can really understand that this is an emotive issue, and it is for me, as I truly want to hold on to my freedoms, but if we simply accept this, I can assure you that further freedoms will be eroded down the line.

Thank goodness the guy that took BA to court about being unable to sit next to a minor won his case, that’s what I call a result for common sense.