PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe?
Thread: Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2010, 19:47
gg190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe?

My step-dad has been talking to a Flybe pilot today who told him that Flybe are desperately seeking pilots willing to work based out of the Isle of Man, as they have very few pilots willing to work here (It's viewed as something of a backwater!).

I was brought up in the conversation, and even though I don't have a CPL yet, this pilot mentioned it may still be worth contacting Flybe as they may be able to give some assistance toward the qualifications I still need to get. He said it was best to contact somebody local on the Isle of Man (he even gave a name).

I took the above with a pinch of salt, I've been looking at becoming a commercial pilot since I was 15, and I am well aware that sponsorship does not exist these days, I was also sceptical about the 'local contact' part, do Flybe even handle any recruitment on the Isle of Man? I also couldn't find a single contact number for Flybe on the Isle of Man either on their website or the IOM airport website.

It just doesn't sound right to me, had it been anybody but a pilot working for company saying it I would dismissed it immediately, but I thought why would he have said if he didn't have something to base it on?

Anybody heard anything similar? Or is this (as I suspect) somebody getting the wrong end of a stick!

Thanks