PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRB and the CAA
Thread: CRB and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2010, 19:36
FlyingOfficerKite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity

If you are correct, then why have the CAA bothered to issue the TRAININGCOM and stated that the Act will apply to flying instructors and examiners after 1 November 2010?

Don't you think the CAA and CRB wil have discussed this prior to the issue of the TRAININGOM?

Where does the TRAININGCOM quote Regulated Activity Relating to Children and tell us we will be exempt from this Section of the Act?

I quote from The Fat Old One Posting on another Thread 'Legalities of working as a flight instructor':

CRB checks (in the UK)

You cannot even apply to become a driving instructor unless you have a CRB check (or enhanced Disclosure Scotland in jockland).

if there is a loophole that allows flight instructors/flight schools to have this as optional it is only a matter of time until it is closed. (my emphasis)
But then you know that because you also contributed to that Thread on 11 January 2010!

I rest my case.

KR

FOK

PS: Just for your delectation refer to www.manifestoclub.com/files/MC_Volunteering_Report_Screen.pdf
and Independent Safeguarding Authority a new system to protect vulnerable people Bond Pearce Solicitors

Last edited by FlyingOfficerKite; 28th Jun 2010 at 20:09.