PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EJ pax stage sit-in at LFMN
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2002, 22:30
Kalium Chloride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er...forgive me for pointing this out, Silverknapper, but those impressive financial figures are not generated by EZY, they're generated by the "ignorant" passengers who probably felt pretty narked about having to get off a flight that they'd booked and paid for.

What if the aircraft had gone tech? Um...I don't recall the passengers on the other EZY aircraft (the one that DID break down) staying on board.

I agree that the Captain is the authority figure on an aircraft, when it comes to flight safety and related matters. But he's not there to put his airline's convenience ahead of his passengers'. EZY can't have it both ways -- if it's going to crack the whip at check-in and be hard on late passengers to ensure punctuality, then it ought to lie in the bed it's made.

Next time you're on board one of British Rail's finest during a massive snarl-up, you might ask yourself whether you'd be prepared to get off your train so that it can be reloaded with other passengers who've been delayed longer than you, while you wait around for an eventual replacement. Call me cynical, but I doubt anyone would -- including me. And I'm not paying anywhere near £350 a ticket.

Last edited by Kalium Chloride; 29th Jul 2002 at 22:33.