PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - scam email to wrong address
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2010, 11:16
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
firstly let me assure you all that I am not worried by this spam activity, I am just curious as to how an advert on AFORS, which ONLY has my hotmail address associated with it, appears to have caused spam in my business (non hotmail) email inbox. The content of the email, while referencing AFORS is in the usual spam style, ie "how much is your item?" which is clearly stated in the advert, "can you work with our agents in your country to arrange shipment?" and nothing to do with the aircraft for sale, which would seem to be the questions asked by genuine prospective purchasers.

As far as I can tell I have never used my business email in connection with selling anything on the www, something I very rarely do. I don't have a website or personal pages with my email address in, I have a life!.

I was in 2 minds about winding up the idiots that send this rubbish but in the end I could not be bothered. DELETE - SORTED.

Of course, as one responder noted, it might be someone who knows me going for the wind-up, in which case the DELETE button was the correct choice.

Rans6...