PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2010, 17:43
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also agree that the previous selection system in Spain left room for improvement. There needed to be a change...just not this one. I think we've taken a step in the wrong direction. As some rightly pointed out, you were tested but you weren't tested in how good you were as a controller. I.e. why on earth the university degree? Personally I was being trained in the EUROCONTROL institute in Luxembourg when I had just turned 20 (no Einstein here,I'm implying I did not have a degree by then).

But at least you were tested on some things which were close to the mark. Nowadays forget about it. Only way ahead will be if you have the ca$h.

About the racism issue: it does exist. Not this a place to debate it so how about we focus on the issue at hand and we try to be constructive. I did a skydiving course some time ago and one of my instructors told me that it was surprising how many people ended up crashing against a particular tree that was near the landing field. It was a big field with just this one tree in view. It turned out so many people, on final with the chute, fixated on the problem (the tree) rather than the solution (anywere else) that because they were so fixated on it they ended up smashing into it. To all of they guys complaining "for the sake of it" bring some solutions too, maybe someone will like some of them and do something about fixing this situation.

(I particularly like the idea of the bringing the team of foreigners, but just don't think it is completely feasible just like that, but definitely there should be more inter-agencies cooperation; kinda best practices system, learn from who does it best sort of thing...I know, PMI, AGP are not LHR, FRA etc, so save the differences, but many things can be done all the same in many different places).

A.