PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76 down in the North Sea (Threads merged)
Old 29th Jul 2002, 20:25
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lu
I assume Hoverman was referring to you repeating things which had already been deleted from your earlier posts - only hours after I had expressly asked contributors not to do that. You did the same thing earlier in the thread which is what prompted me to include that particular guideline.
I have deleted it again.

The guideline was clear: "* Finally, if one of your posts is edited/deleted, please do not repeat the deleted material in another post.

I have explained both here on the forum, and by email to you, what is and is not acceptable on Pprune. I know you consider our policy on these matters to be too restrictive and a denial of free speech. You are entitled to your views. What you are not entitled to do is to deliberately post in breach of the rules.

Moderators have a responsibility to enforce the policy laid down by the Adminsitrators. We are all volunteers with other jobs, and can't monitor the forums 24 hours a day, so we rely upon members' co-operation. Usually, it works.
I'm sure there are many members who from time to time disagree with Moderators' decisions, but there are only two Rotorheads members who persistently and blatantly ignore requests: You are one of them.
I am anxious to avoid any unpleasantness over this, but there is no justification for treating you any differently from everybody else.
Please read the Guidelines (and my email) again.
If you don't like the way Pprune is run, post your views on another website - or start your own.
If you wish to continue posting here, you must abide by decisions even if you disagree with them.

Dave Jackson

1st point: You are entitled to your view. Please refer to the 'Guidelines' post above to see the Pprune view.

2nd point: If Pprune had a full-time monitoring / editorial team, what you suggest might be possible. This entire website is run by people who have other jobs and other demands on their time. We rely upon members to co-operate by abiding by policy decisions even if they disagree with them.

Last edited by Heliport; 29th Jul 2002 at 21:46.