PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Pilots to ballot on strike action
Old 27th Jun 2010, 10:32
foduas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more like buying monkeys with peanuts
Unfortunately this kind of attitude was shown by some of the sim instructors who run the LHI selection last year, they failed pilots who did a perfectly good sim. It's really a pity the pilots community across Europe is so divided.
Almost all pilots who attended the selection last year were part of anpac or other italian pilot unions, it would have cost nothing to VC cockpit to just send in a note to italian pilots unions to say that there was a dispute open at LH and to advise not to apply for LH Italia jobs until the dispute was set. Instead they choose to go the rough way, not informing their colleagues that they were going to face a biased assessment wasting their only chance to join LH Italia. Very sad.
It also amazes me how LH management could let these instructors run the assessments as they were certainly aware of what was going to happen.
Good luck to the 4 pilots who passed the LH Italia assessment last year out of more than 400 assessed.

Italian salaries are higher than than in germany incl. LH.
A F/O at AirOne makes more money than a LH F/O, so does a CPT.
If now LH thinks they can get experienced crews for peanuts, they are wrong.
They might find some unemployed pilots, but with a salary below the italian standart they wont stay for long.
I agree with you on this EAM and not only air one and alitalia terms are good, also other italian airlines have quite good terms.

According to the terms of the agreement you stated above all commands will go to LH passage first officers (I have no doubts that there will be droves of them applying) so one less reason to apply to LH italia for italian first officers.

My opinion is that LH Italia doesn't really need to hire many local pilots, they just need to buy some support from local politics and media showing that they are giving out jobs to locals, and traditionally this is accomplished with quantity. So they will hire ground personnell and may be cabin crew in bigger numbers, hiring 20 local pilots won't buy them anything, as nobody cares about pilots.