PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2010, 08:54
100above

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
racedo

You asked if I would post similar on the Virgin forum, but while neither airline can be proud of themselves, they are two quite different scenarios. The Virgin aircraft was diverted to an unfamiliar small airfield due wx and airport authorities prevented the pax disembarking. The Prestwick incident was at a home base with no-one but the company preventing the passengers access to the terminal. The Virgin pax also had water according to a spokesman.

As matherswales pointed out the company are required to look after passengers in the event of a delay. The rest of us play by the rules with the associated costs, while incidents like this show that Ryanair can disregard them with apparently no sanctions - its not a level playing field thats all. I feel for the crew that were on board that aircraft - it must have been a difficult and embarrasing situation for them especially when the police arrived. I just feel it doesn't reflect well on this industry as a whole when over zealous cost cutting leads to situations that could, with a bit of compassion, been avoided for the sake of a few pounds.

Last edited by 100above; 27th Jun 2010 at 09:23.