PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA pilots in EU
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2010, 03:57
A320rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello,

there are simply no jobs...
you can look everywhere, try all the sytems, go to africa, asia, australia, USA, moon, whatever, you will always have problems to get a flying job.

you seem to forget that we are in a deep crisis and we are still not out, we are far to get out of this crisis, may take 4-5 years, 10 years if double recession hits us.
Guys in the USA are waiting at home like you, or fly for nothing.Some guys still live in a tent and will do any kind of **** job just to go work the morning..

guys in europe are waiting at home,...live with mom and dad and wait money from the government.

guys in asia are waiting at home or sell fruits in the streets.

guys in africa try to go to Europe for a better life.

mexican try to jump over the fence for a better life,...

governments don't issue work permit anymore, so no need to look around , you won't get a work permit, green card, visa,...for a pilot position.

if you are in europe with a JAA license, you are stuck.

if you are a FAA pilot in Europe , you are stuck...you want go to africa? same problems, you won't get a work permit.

what to do? nothing, you can not do anything.
you can still look around and see if the situation improve or do like some of crazy guys, pay to fly, and never get a job and finish with no money and no job!!!

so take it easy, relax, enjoy life, do something else, go on vacation, start a hobby like windsurf, or scuba diving,...it's time to think about you!

do I have to give up and do something else? YES

what about the money I have invested in my training? well , stay current until the situation improved.