PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss evacuates in Thessalonique
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2002, 18:09
nojacketsrequired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well 411A ,
I do not know what your problem is with cabin crew
but you are well up your own ar*e.

I am an ICCM and fully understand the chain of command on an aircraft and respect the responsibility that the flight crew hold
in an emergency and how your training and skills can save live's.
But please do not under estimate the ability of 'YOUR CREW' in
having to make a decision and to evacuate and save people.

It is very clear 'clearly catastrophic' or 'ditching' but when is 'catastrophic'?.
If we don't get the signal to evacuate due to the fact you may be dead and the aircraft is covered in flames are we going to sit there and wait .....NO.

Yes the best form of communication is via the interphone and yes we know what it is and where it is to be found (despite your arrogant statement)but sometimes crew may judge it catastrophic
and initiate the evacuation and save people.

I find your postings arrogant to put it mildly and your disrespect of crew sad.
You got your job as a pilot for the skills you hold and require to handle an aircraft and we the cabin crew for our ability to react in an emergency , interact with passengers and our personalities.
As the last of these you do not have I hope I never have to meet you on or off an aircraft and I am so happy your skills keep you on the flight deck because with your attitude if you ever got in the cabin we would never see our passengers again!!!.

I have no doubt that you would never make these statements in front of the crew as your postings are shielded by this forum and you want the crew to look after you.

If you have any bottle please introduce yourself by name and then say ''some of you may know me as 411A'' and I hope one of them is me.

Devil's Advocate....You are very correct that some crew only get 10 days to 6 weeks training but experience comes with time and so do judgements.
In your early days as a pilot certain situations may have been outside your operating capabilities but now you can handle them.

To both of you please treat others with the respect you would like yourselves and the job can still br fun.

NJR. Bacardi Coke loads of ice and lemon.

P.S. 411A have you ever been dumped by a hostie or have you never had the personality to pull one!! and are you the first out of the taxi and last to the bar.
I think you need to make your's a large one!!!!!

Last edited by nojacketsrequired; 30th Jul 2002 at 07:06.