PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 17:47
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With regards to DFW.

A B763 would be required due to the range, but dont forget some factors that will help it out:

The BA/AA ATI
Cargo (the figures keep going up and up)
Pax loads in general are picking up, to the point the DL154/155 will revert back to a B767-300 in August.

The connections at DFW will be pentiful (AA's biggest hub and very convinient for South America and Carribean Connections, as well as West Coast cities)

Yes a B787 will be ideal, but it seems to be a long way off and if DFW give AA the incentives to start the route, AA could well make it work.
Very true. However, although South American connections may be quite lucrative, Caribbean are not so and are pretty much covered via LGW/TOM/MON/TCX/VS etc. certainly for where those in Northern England visit.

I just can't see it happening. Why not just increase ORD back to a 767 or JFK as a 767.

If DFW are bothered about MAN, they must be desperate! I don't mean that in a bad way, but surely there are more destinations that they want before MAN?! Unless they are all Man United fans down at Fort Worth!

I really hope it does come off, just cannot see it before the 8 replaces the 6...