PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 15:41
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanna_be_there I see what you are getting at but Easyjet nor any other airline are in the business of providing civic pride by putting destinations on the boards of airports. The problem specifically with MAD and SXF is the fact that they are LPL destinations and they probably wouldn't survive if they were operated from MAN aswell. In the meantime, EZY has to fulfil it's LPL contract and any route failures there makes that even more of an hassle. In the meantime EZY, like any other business, is operating where they believe the profits lie. Also, correct me if i'm wrong but EZY and AY/SK/LH/LX are actually co-existing quite well........in other words, expanding the market.
AMS is probably going to be added to the MAN route mix and people are often crying out for more competition on this route.

Also remember that EZY are looking further afield and if AMM does come off then this will undoubtedly lead to destinations that would otherwise be unlikely to be served from MAN.

Without being too biased, i think you need to give EZY a break. Everyone expected a sea of orange too soon at MAN. They have 5 based aircraft currently with 10 planned by 2012. The base has grown under challenging times together with a very constraining contract signed at LPL.