PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 15:37
ptc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having worked 6 years for Virgin and now at BA, in both respects I have and do enjoy the job, HOWEVER

Virgin was def more fun, as crew are younger, enthusiastic and yes they do want to party down route but this makes happier crew on board I believe! I agree that every airline needs a certain amount of experience but I do believe the way MF is heading is that it will be more like Virgin on board. I think this is a good thing!

No disrespect for my colleagues at BA, but there are some miserable people working for us as crew who think BA owe them a living, not to mention lazy. Its about time we got some fresh blood in and have a mix of both young, new and experienced crew on board. This is not to say that also alot of our crew are very good at their job, but in my experience there isn't so many of these crew around BA.
Oh, and the job is not all about throwing out the service as quick as poss in order to maximise breaks! I would personally rather spend more time on giving the customer exactly what they deserve then get an extra 5 mins of break time!!!

The best comparison is LGW, I think these guys are great, have fun and deliver great customer service, they aren't on LHR wages but they certainly don't moan about it. They get on with it and enjoy the job for what it is.

Bring on MF, can't wait to be part of ONE HAPPY OUTSTANDING TEAM!!!!