PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 14:11
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA cabin crew ARE paid more than other airlines..... currently. But also so are Pilots. Although maybe percentage wise there is not as much of a difference.

However, EZY, Thomson, FlyBe and even BMI (which I am surprised with) are all quite reasonably paid.

I am not sure what the salary will be with allowances included for Mixed Fleet Heathrow??? Anyone hazard a guess as I haven't worked it out. They will work harder so more, but also be paid from report to clear but 900 hours only covers flying hours, doesn't it??? (Think total duty hours can be 2000)

Also with regards to that table - remember BA do have alot of crew who have been in the company since 1970s, 1980s - which means there salaries are higher. Some airlines (like Virgin) have a high turnover meaning that more of their staff are more junior meaning they will have less pay. So this means that a junior at Virgin and BA may not be that much different (I know we are better paid but I am sure you can see what I am saying - that that chart is not that accurate!)