PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 13:16
DrDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to let you know MudRat, you're not the oldest one in the running for RAAF pilot anymore, I'm 41 (42 next Jan) I know that doesn't leave much time for faffing about getting forms in and the like.

I've got my Spec testing this coming Tuesday (29th June). Here's hoping my run is somewhat smoother than allot of you seem to have had to PSA, if my process goes astray at any point I'm likely to be over the stipulated 43 maximum. Fortunately enough for me, I'm pretty certain there are no issues with my eyes (or any other organ) though I'm likely to be too tall for army.

I've put Navy pilot and Observer as my second and third choices, though fixed wing is my hope and dream. I know I'm way over the stated preferred age for RAAF, but I am still (though only barely) below the maximum allowable. I like to think they've put that maximum in for exactly the type of candidate I am, I'll just have to prove that at every stage in the process.

Thanks for all the inspiration in this gargantuan thread. It's shown me even with my potential difficulty with the age issue, every problem can be mastered with persistence and self belief.

Doc