PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 12:02
Teessider53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it about time that the strikers got real.
I have been watching developments and it seems to me that most cc just want to get back to work and provide the good service that is normally provided.
An offer of an annual increse (even if only for 2 years) is more than most people will be getting. Many people in the public sector will not even have a job in 6 months and even if they don't lose their job pay will be frozen.
My wife works in a call centre for a major bank and has just been told along with several hundred others that her job is going to India - this will cause real hardship to many - not so bad for us as I have retired but my wife has not. How is that for a kick in the teeth - we bail out the banks and they ship our jobs to India. This makes BA look like employer of the year.
Sorry for that rant .
If this keeps on much longer all of the respect that has been built up over the years for cc will be lost, I know it is not all of cc but it is hard to be reasonable when the holiday you have saved for all year is being affected . It is also obvious that the timing of IA is meant to cause as much misery as possible.
I am due to fly with BA for the first time in September and was really looking forward to it but there is still a worry that IA might affect it. The flight was booked last October befre this all kicked off. I would probably have flown Virgin if I had known.
Just do what is right and end it asap.