PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 11:10
IYCSWICSWICW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty, hun, my post was poorly thought out, enter button struck etc. Sorry. I regard BASSA as borderingon the criminally negligent in their handling of Industrial Relations.

No-one wants their pay cut - too true, but mine has been. As far as I can see things, BA has been absolutely patient, to the nth degree, in an attempt to fix the 'cancer' (remember that comparison?) that eats away at BA's brand. Willie Walsh is formidable, and yes, perhaps his style is not everyones rosie lea. But, by G*d, he's effective. What many still fail to grasp is that 'it's a business', and he is a business man - that said, the business still employs folk on fantastic T&C's. So, after all of this, yhe company is still offering a tight package to the current membership. BASSA, no doubt will self-serve, and shoot it out of the water, but, will blame others when it is accepted, as it surely has to be.

The bad apples? I, was refering to the hard-core members who choose to enter into the day job carrying XXXX labels and stuff. How divisive is that? What is the purpose of doing so? Attitude, attitude, attitude. It's your choice on the day, but how 'very' dare those that choose the bad apple attitude on the day. They have what to prove? Other than poor judgement, for all to see, in following a dysfunctional branch of Unite. It gets my goat (I'll get my coat).

IYCSWICSWICW, stands for, If You Could See What I could See When I'm Cleaning Windows. George Formby - my hero. I used to be a window cleaner myself, worked hard, saved up and retrained. I now work elsewhere, but still look out of a very expensive window now- facing forwards.

GF