PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2010, 10:06
Winch-control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Betty girl on the CC forum...

How on earth as a society are we going to be able to cope in say 50 years time when most of the population have been squashed onto these minimum wages and not made any pension provisions. While some in our society are getting richer and richer. It is almost like we are going backwards as a society and the general worker is getting poorer and suposed to be grateful that they have a job.

Anyway as you probably know I did not agree with the strike, I'm not a militant or left winger either but comments about people should be happy or feel lucky because there are lots that would like their job etc. just seem short sighted. As a society we should all be striving for everyone having a good living and a comfortable life. Not actually enjoying others misfortune.
Well Betty girl, welcome to the real world, 10 years of Nulabour (supported by Bassa and Unite and the majority of the UK population led you to this situation). No immigration policy? No financial policy? No tax policy? The list goes on as to how the voters are now learning the error of their ways over the last decade.

As an individual though in employment, with a well respected employer, I would be gobsmacked if you have the individual means to manouvere, that you did not take up this offer. As an individual, what is your alternative? If you are tied to Bassa... Who knows where you might end up.