PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 08:45
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

IYCSWICSWICW

I can't understand your stance. I don't know what department you work in but surely you would not want your pay reduced. Crew are people with homes and families and the vast majority take home a quite normal salary enough to have a mortgage and bring up their family.

Cost savings can be made by productivity and that is what BA has done. Even greater cost savings are being made with this new fleet and I think that the new entrants will mostly be young people living at home with their parents because 11K is a very low salary and although with the 2.40 flight pay it will be uplifted, but unlike other jobs air crew need to pay for food and meals when away and this is not cheap. You can't just pop down to Tescos for your supper like the rest of the population. So even with the flight pay I would be suprised if the take home is more than £1100 a month.

But hey, maybe you or your partner would think that is good and maybe you would wish that on our current crew too but I for one am glad you are not in charge.