PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 08:23
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Eddy.
I know you are a very bright person because I read your posts and agree with a lot of what you say.
Read the whole agreement and I think you will see that the new amount is a guarantee this time not a replacement of our allowances like the last MTP offer.
The last one was a total average replacement based on 2009 variable fully taxable payments.
This offer is a guarantee that if you happen to take home less than this average amount, bassed this time on 2009/2010 variable fully taxable payments, you will have your pay toped up to thoes average figures.

Meal allowances are still going to be paid as they are now.

So this time people wont be disadvantaged if they do lots of long days like Moscow or three day trips because all the variable pay like ETP, Box payments, O/T,Cat payments and B to B payments are still going to be paid as they are now. This system only comes into its own if you earn less. IT IS A GARANTEE NOT A REPLACEMENT THIS TIME. That is what makes it such an improvement.

Shar100.

I know it must be hard for you to understand all these issues.

I am not at all happy with what has been happening to the cabin crew recently and I do not like Willie Walsh's management style.

However BASSA have been saying NO NO NO for years and years and years to BA. Small changes could have been made years ago to make our comunity more cost effective. Some of our practices are very restrictive and we could have accepted a number of changes in the past.

Because we have made NO changes at all, and many crew agree with BA that some changes are nescesary, BA have come up with this NEW FLEET out of desperation for some change.

BASSA have actually made things worse. They are actually the cause of New Fleet. Had they made some changes years ago like one senior cabin crew member on Eurofleet and fixed links. New disruption agreement on World Wide, CSD to actually work on the flight !!! sounds shocking doesn't it that prior to this alot of them just sat on their backside most of the flight, none of this would be happening now.

BA actually earlier in the year made an offer so that new entrants could come into our fleets in return for a few concessions from us but BASSA was too busy arguing about the CSD having to work and planning to strike, to actually sit down and agree this with them.

Now New Fleet has been brought in with NO INPUT from BASSA and it is their fault. BA are putting into New Fleet every wish that they had ever wanted. Eg. direct managemet transfers from other dept. into CSM job, merit promotion (which isn't so bad a thing), no overtime etc etc and low pay. Had BASSA actually negotiated they could have achived a much better result.

So basically this strike has done nothing but cause all the offers to be worse. The improvement to the current offer is a direct result of current NON STRIKING crew telling Bill Fransis what they were unhappy with and he has made some changes which go a long way to making us feel safer about our future earnings as we all have comitments to meet.

All BASSA are now interested in is getting staff travel returned and reinstating sacked crew which of course they had before they ever went on this useless strike.
However no doubt BASSA will try and take credit for this improvement even though it could have been achived with them talking in the first place instead of costing our employer millions.

I don't want anyone to lose their job but I am sick of this barking mad union and if they choose to strike again they deserve to loose their jobs.

I hope the majority will see the light and realise that this offer is good protection for us. The two year guarantee by the way is just the pay deal part.

Hope I have explained it so that you can understand things a bit better and also realise why so many of us came to work and are unhappy with the unions stance.