PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jun 2010, 08:15
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddy,

I'm over myself now.

Chigley has given a good explanation. But just to put it another way.

Forget MTP. That has effectively gone.
We will now earn our variable allowances as we have always done. The difference is: to counteract the worries about "sitting at home with no work" we have a "guarantee of a minimum payment" (GMP ).

Therefore IF you were to sit at home with no work, you would earn the GMP rates (as specified in Appendix 1 and NOT including meal allowances!). If you earn more than that, then you take home whatever you've earned.

It is, for want of a better word, a security blanket. I for one think we are very lucky that our employer has resolved this issue in such a win-win way. I would like to publicly thank them for being so magnaminous in this situation.

IYSWICIWSICISY (sp?)

Please remember Rome wasn't built in a day. BA are making their savings through reduced crew complements and now the earlier, and larger than planned introduction of Mixed Fleet. This is a huge adjustment for our community. If BA are happy, and we are happy, I think you will see a more effective workforce and that has got to be a good thing.

I agree with Malcolmf. We now need to sign it and get on with restoring our customers' faith in us.

This is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 26th Jun 2010 at 08:29.