PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 21:53
Alice025

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Azrael229, OK, and if to forget ab the equipment - could the expression mean: "This is a desolate hole at the end of the world" ?

Because either that or they meant the physical, straightforward, ravine. Unless they thought the aerodrome is at the bottom of a ravine?!!!??(a sudden thought)

Arrakis I am sorry for misleading all re No 10. I give up on it. Must be I misunderstood it. Because at the end pages somewhere in the Smolensk blog - I have a clear impression the same very Energetik with the same very wolfie avatar insisted on No 6.
Badly charactered man :o))), as I said. Can't be consistent in one blog!

BOAC, the pilot in question didn't sow the Smolensk suburbs with his Migs :o), but then that one isn't a local, positioned in Siberia. And as I understood him this tricky complex positioning-re-positioning from "dot" to "dot" - when still afar from the aerodrome - did help him somehow in bad weather exactly - to eventually appear at the correct place to start his last leg of the journey of 40 sec.
Not that I understood how.
To me this prelimenary dashing seems strange esp the 30m/sec leg, but somehow he finds it the procedure, a sure way to get home :o), in bad visibility.