PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Jun 2010, 19:56
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At last, justice prevails and those of us who have left the Union will be able to accept this offer.

It also begs the question, does this now open the doors for the Professional Cabin Crew Council? We have been campaigning all along for a different, more professional way of conducting business. This could be it. We have been campaigning for people to have a voice over their own futures. This provides it. BA have now set a precedent in giving individuals a choice. Could this be a way forward to instill a new life and new motivation into what has become a somewhat unmotivated workforce, brought about largely due to the BASSA propoganda? If so, it certainly works for me.

ANOTHER great offer, but no better than anything we've had in the past.
Actually, Ed it is:

Pay rises for 2 years (previously a pay freeze).
Assurance of transfers between WW and EF (not previously incl.)
The minimum payment guarantee to alleviate fears re the MTP.
Access to new aircraft across all fleets (not previously incl.)

It does not have shares/bonus/free ticket but with the pay rise and the minimum payment guarantee, that would definitely make it comparable to the October offer.

It seems very fair and reasonable to me. All we need now is for England to beat Germany, a barbecue summer and the PCCC to get official recognition. Well, surely one out of three should be achievable?.

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own viewpoint and not that of BA.