PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 19:55
grizzled

Received 79 Likes on 14 Posts
As PJ2 states, the information contained on the FDR and CVR is not just important in this case, it is critical to any possible resolution of this horrific mystery.

In that regard I believe it is imperative that the international aviation community exert all possible pressure on France, the BEA, Air France, Airbus, ICAO, and IATA to come together, and cooperatively spend whatever resources are required to locate the aircraft. This is not just "another accident"; this crash could quite possibly be a "game changer" with regard to one or more of the following: significant weather, crew training, computer interface (robotics), composite materials, primary equipment redundancies, and possibly other areas as well.

If the time and resources are committed to it, the technology and equipment exists to locate the major parts of the aircraft. Once that occurs, it becomes a good bet that the CVR and FDR can and will be located.

Yes, it will cost a lot of money to continue the search, but I truly believe it is worth it in this case to do so. In fact I believe pressure should be exerted on the UN, via ICAO, to dedicate specific funds to this effort.

grizz