PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyprus Turkish Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 13:09
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz, where does that come from? I don't find any of the concerns you speak of raised in the first three or four posts either. (apart from pwaIhx)I know these people, been there often and I'm bright enough to know that it doesn't matter about the numbers - whether its hundreds or just one, - it's a personal tragedy for all involved. But there is something I don't understand ... Altasjet already did a couple of rescue flights on Wednesday night anticipating taking over the routes because the TRNC govt had pulled the plug on KTHY for three months. I can't see that as being anything other than a death knell for KTHY as they stand at the moment, but had the management arrangement with Atlasjet gone ahead surely at least SOME jobs would have been saved. Surely all the unions have achieved, (because that what it looks like) is that ALL the KTHY employees will go down the job plughole? I know there's been some allegation of unions sabotaging an earlier 'bid' by Atlasjet - a disappearing written bid? - and arrests I believe, but how can that possibly help the KTHY employees?