PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good.Cheap.Flying school for uni student.
Old 25th Jun 2010, 10:27
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
I will apologize in advance for this sounding like a rant pointed at ba038, please don't take it that way, it's a general statement;

A person who askes on a "Professional Pilot" forum for a "cheap" service in aiviation, is in a back handed way, communicating the message to all of the readers, that he/she is expecting to be over charged most everywhere they go, and this, as an opening move.

Many of us here work in avaiation, and are proud of the quality, and value of what we do. Publically suggesting that we are charging too much is not the best approach to a business relationship.

It costs money to fly, and it is fair that all the people who work to get an aircraft into the air, are fairly paid for what they do. No one is obliged to pay these rates, if they choose to not fly. Once you have chosen to fly, you have chosen to pay. If the people who go a good job are not fairly paid (and make a profit), they will probably move on, then no service is available.

As a demonstration of respect to others, the only time I try to negotiate price, is either when it is simply unstated going in, or if the unit price is stated, and I'm buying a quantity. Other than that, everyone deserves to make a profit. I'll pay their rate without question. If they're atempting a huge profit, either the product/service is amazing, or they won't be in business too long.

I respect the challenges facing those who are struggling to enter aviation, and offer a number of "at my expense" flights to new pilots to do my part to encourage, and extend a helping hand. Welcome, but please respect and appreciate those who are already working here...

Rant over, no offense or rudeness intended....