PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC situation in Spain
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 09:42
Telstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on! We are not all that bad, are we?
P.Perez

That for me sums it up. Iīve seen some of the most downright embarrassing and dangerous controlling in Europe in Spain, encountered serious language problems and when I as a Pilot challenge anything itīs met with the most appalling attitude. You just seem to have no idea how poor your standards are and how high the standard is elsewhere e.g Germany, Britain, Denmark, Sweden.

I feel sorry for you if your terms and conditions are under threat but just go on strike, walk out and donīt come back until things are fixed, the childish way you are behaving is hard to stomach.

You talk about hate. I felt I fell into that category last week. Being held on the runway until the exact second of a CTOT, getting home at night time after an early start because of CTOTs that are **** all to do with congestion and everything to do with teacing your employers a lesson and then to top it off a serious runway incursion caused by piss poor controlling and met with an indifferent attitude. Time away from your family? What about my family? You stole almost ten hours in one week from me.

I also note that direct questions were asked about your salaries and they have been skirted around. Do Controllers in Spain earn €300,000 a year on average or not?