PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jumping back into a PA38
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2010, 08:20
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its like getting your leg over an old partner that you drifted apart from with no bad feelings.

Your both a bit older, your more experenced. Its bloody good fun usually better than you remember it, and you will keep on trying to sneak back every so often for another hour of fun.

And if its any help I did 9 months flying a 10 ton EFIS turboprop and jumped in and flew a PA38 solo to get my 90 day pax 3 circuits in. And before anyone moans I checked with the underwriter first. No issues at all flying it, you will find because everything is so simple and slow you will have tons of spare capacity. Just don't be tempted to shoot approaches at TBM speeds and sort it out at the bottom cause it seems so slow on approach.

And ryan there is no requirement for a check out on any SEP type as long as your class rating is valid. Quite a few its impossible due to them being single seat eg pawnee and tippsy nipper.

And Fair enough best keep the talent limited away from tommy's it will only spoil the experence for who ever is with them