PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, Let's open a can of worms....or at least speculation (ME Airlines future musings)
Old 25th Jun 2010, 08:08
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My prediction? If the US carriers start re-hiring in even moderate numbers, even if the T&Cs in the Middle East carriers were to improve quite a lot, the Americans will leave in droves.

My prediction has two major tripping points.

(1) That's a huge 'if' at the beginning of my last sentence and, given the current situation in the U.S., if an observer was being realistic, he'd say my premise is highly unlikely for quite some years to come. And

(2) As kotakota said before me, I don't think any of the Middle East carriers will improve T&Cs before trying the lower experience/lower standard of recruits route first. My reason for saying this is that I think senior management have begun to believe their own propaganda - that flying an aeroplane is easy and anyone can do it as long as there's a rule to cover every eventuality. I fear they'll only be convinced this might not be so after they all look - both figuratively and literally - into a smoking hole containing very little pieces of aluminium and possibly a tail with their company logo on it.