PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 25th Jun 2010, 00:11
MIDLGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been Reading these threads from the start and I feel it's time to coment.
I'll try to put it all in bullet points, because I'd be here all night otherwise.

The union has messed up - majorly. No questions asked to the members about what they want (union is for the members, not other way round).

New fleet didn't have to happen so soon but we know why it's happening now.

New fleet contract isn't desirable for current crew unless you have a big wish to be CSM. (on VERY good authority: sickness days for new fleet before getting in trouble- 4 days. First lateness - stage 1, next lateness - out the door).

Nobody is being forced to new fleet.

There are no guarantees in life, least of all your contract in a fickle world that is the airline industry.

Motivation: it's your life, and it's up to you to motivate yourself. Personal pride should be a given, I think. You cannot depend on your peers motivating you. It's a matter of doing the best job you possibly can, because you want to be the best.

WW has kept every promise so far, so why doubt what he says? Having spoken to him a few times, I understand what he's trying to achieve.

Bullying has no place in BA (or anywhere else for that matter). Report bullying behavoiur, but understand that if someone disagrees with you, that doesn't mean they're a bully. Bullying in my book is constant belittling (sp?), exclusion, physical, violence and inappropriate/unprofessional behaviour.

We at LGW should have our own negotiating team/union/bargaining force. Only if you're based at LGW can you truly understand our issues.

Most important of all: Do your job at the very best of your ability. Gain as much knowledge as possible, be informed. Have a back-up plan. The customer might not always be right (we've seen those threads), but every single customer deserves respect, politeness and great service.

Let's prove to the doubters that we are fantastic. Let's get back on track and be outstanding. Most of all: let's be professional.

(sorry for long post, but I had to do it. I'm LGW crew and passionate about my job)