PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, Let's open a can of worms....or at least speculation (ME Airlines future musings)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 18:48
OrryFace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a commercial perspective, and former employee of one of the aforementioned, here is my take:

The three main players have all got an ace in the hole -

EK - strongest stable commercial management, most professionally managed and despite all the moans and whinges on this site, they are the one I would put my money on to still be around in 30 years time. Best network, and they know how to run an airline (really!)

EY - $ $ $ $ $. Deep pockets and political will to keep going despite commercial reality

QR - Likewise. A small country sitting atop the world's largest exporting natural gas field. This airline could keep going for 50 years. What's stopping it leap frogging the other two is only one thing, but one day he will not be there. Impossible to grow and sustain any type of company without a stable senior and operational workforce.

As for all the rest, they will flounder or disappear. Exception could be Oman if they are sensible enough to contain themselves as a niche regional carrier.

OF