PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 18:13
Express1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Express 1, yes I am talking about the latest batch of volunteers only.

I get the impression that you are maybe a PSU Duty Manager or similar.

You say the trial was with union agreement. At least one union rep is telling PSU staff that BA is just going ahead with various trials. If the union agrees, all well and good, if they don’t, they carry on regardless. Not quite the same story.

Quote:
WW himself has said that he believes BA should be handled by it's own staff at its main base
Forgive me but like most bosses, what Willie says or promises is probably good for about a week at most. They tend to look you in the eye, categorically state that there are no plans for xyz etc. Then low and behold…a new plan for the future is discovered.

I must be getting cynical, I wonder why.
I am not a PSU duty manager or similar. Just someone who has a brain and has been able to make my own judgements about various events.

As for the union rep telling staff that BA is just going ahead with the trials, I haven't heard that one and have seen union reps observing the trials I have been involved with and actively seeking feedback so that they can use to properly judge.

Quite frankly, we do need to change and some of the changes are long overdue. There are areas where we could and should be more productive. Not all the changes I have thought were for the best and I have made my views known on these. Funny enough, some of these changes were proposed even before WW, in the lead up to T5.

I have had no reason not to believe what WW has said or indeed that of my direct management. Further from it, some of the things that our direct management have said are now being in the initial phase and I was initially unsure if we would get to this stage and yet we are getting there.