PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, Let's open a can of worms....or at least speculation (ME Airlines future musings)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 17:51
CAVnotOK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Let's open a can of worms....or at least speculation (ME Airlines future musings)

So Guys and Girls,

With what seems like another era of unprecedented expansion ahead of us in the Middle East it seems like the right time to get views/opinions on how the Airlines (EK,EY,QR, etc) will ALL manage their respective plans to expand?

It seems quite possible there will be an intriguing "battle" between the airlines, and extremely interesting for those already in the ME, as well as those who are considering moving here.

I for one cannot believe they will all succeed, and sooner rather than later one of the "Big" players are going to have to "make a move" which will ensure their expansion continues the way they have planned.

EK for one has targeted recruitment of 500-700 in the next 18 months. Given the problems they are facing in just filling courses month to month seems that sooner or later there are 2 choices. The first of course is the hiring of DEC's, and the other will be to make the Package so much more attractive that qualified candidates will be tripping over each other in order to get there.

Your guess is as good as mine as to how many would leave EK if DEC recruitment is started again, and if the package is "jacked up" to meet the recruitment target the problem now remains that the whole world knows what EK will do once they have recruited all that they need.

There also seems to be a "buzz" on the street as to Qatar announcing a massive aircraft order/purchase at the Farnborough Airshow in July. If the rumour turns out to be true, how will QR and EK both achieve their recruitment objectives? Will QR be the first in the region to offer Basings/ or off Base living, and if so what effects will it have on the expansion of both EK and EY?

If EY continue to try and "tighten the screws", as they have done recently they might well find themselves completely out of the equation.

After all, this is a network based on here say, and what ifs, so let's hear what you think??

Cav.

Last edited by CAVnotOK; 25th Jun 2010 at 04:22.