PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2010, 17:00
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Issues to ballot over...........

I've just had a quick skim through the BA CC thread to look for some ideas for a very serious ballot.
As long term readers will know, I've been making my opinions known about this set of issues for over a year now.
I think we're at a point where there are some real crunch issues.

A big ballot is required.

"Are you prpared to go on strike over the following issues?

1. That Chateau Lynch Bages that we liberate from First is just too heavy. We need a lighter wine for our sojourn at the BFC later this Summer.
2. The quality and "spare" stock of Champagne has gone down since 1973. It must be restored immediately.
3. I am no longer entitled to give my mates an upgrade to First when I feel like it. I have to ask the Captain. Seriously, who is running this airplane, darling?
4. BA now expect Reps to turn up for work. This is disgraceful.
5. BA now expect very experienced people like me to push a trolley. In 2007 I earnt £80,000. You really do not expect someone on £80,000 to push a trolley, do you?
6. For 30 years or more, BA have never meant what they said. Especially when it came to discipline. Now they do, and it really must stop. Now.
7. Last year, once, BA made me stay in a 41/2 star hotel in Central. That sort of slippage is the thin end of the wedge. We demand 5 star hotels.
8. That nasty Union Unite only lets us stay in 3 star hotels when we go to their dreary Conferences, or go to their awful courses. BA must fund us for 5 star hotels when we are on Union business.
9. BA want us to take shorter breaks. How on earth are we to take shorter breaks? I need my 8 hours sleep on my lovely NRT trips. Stop this nonsense now.
We look forward to your Vote in favour of Industrial Action."