PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2010, 16:39
F3G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm back under a slightly different handle, due to problems with my old account, which works for all fora, bar three.

So my comment on the previous point

BASSA need to wake up or see their employer die and their jobs with it.

Not just BASSA, for they are not the sum of all evil, just part of it.

I spent quite a lot of a client's money on a one way LCA to LHR flight in Club Europe last week and have to say it was a shocking experience.

700€ and .....
  • No priority boarding
  • An aircraft (767) that was like a museum piece, e.g. flickering overhead CRT screens
  • No pre flight drink
  • No hot towels
  • Horrible 'canapes' consisting of small pieces of bread with topping (why not nice nuts like EK?)
  • 33" seat pitch (compared to 40" and foot rests on the CY JED/RUH/LCA segments
  • Lousy meals, I declined mine and so did a number of other people
  • A CSD who never spoke to me and seemed to prefer to talk with BA staff travellers
  • Very inattentive service - e.g. no drinks, not even a water round for 2 hours after the meal (had to use the call bell and it took 10 mins to answer, even though several CC were about - belt sign was on, so I had to rely on the bell)
  • Remote stand arrival at LHR, total circus with C and Y crammed into a coach
  • The behaviour of some of the groundstaff was really unprofessional, whooping at their friends 'Oh My God, is that really you......." It's nice to see your friends, but is this the way to behave in front of the customers?
All in all (even though it was not my money) I felt ripped off.

As other forum members will know, I have gone out of my way to balance attacks on BA ground service by complementing the Club World service, which has never disappointed me.

But after this experience, no more Club Europe for me, I could have bought a discounted economy ticket for 120€ - next time I'll buy 2, take my own food and water and pocket the difference.

One cannot blame BASSA for the product.