PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 14:53
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm not too sure about this MFH to be honest (non-striker, voted No and recognises change is inevitable but we do need protections)

I along with many Main Crew would have been interested at going over as CSM which to many main crew is a reasonable salary (more than I get as MC anyway!) However although I have a couple/few years as crew I do not have previous management experience and haven't been a ''SCCM for a year'' so can't directly go into it (fair enough if there is alot of ground management tasks and training in addition to being SCCM) Now I could go onto that ''Future Talent Crew'' which I can apply for where you work up, are qualified to work up as SCCM out of standby and learn all the skills of CSM over a year and do SCCM assessments etc etc and get CSM training blah blah... but it means for that year I would be on less pay (MFH Main Crew salary which I must admit is quite low!) and - at the end of that year, I could have worked very hard and passed everything etc.... but there may not be any CSM vacancies going so I would have to stay as Main Crew on MFH - and then I wouldn't be able to get back to EF/WW!!

Having said that the CSM role does look very interesting, and as someone with a career ahead of me it does seem like an oppurtunity so I am sort of ''shall I shan't I'' with regards to Future Talent Crew - it would provide the skills and development to get where I would like to be (CSM) and looks like a good development oppurtunity. But if they are saying MFH will grow slowly - what if they don't need CSMs at the end of it and I am on lower pay!!! I could maybe downsize etc for a year whilst I do it that would be fine but I wouldn't then want to be stuck on £11,000 plus £2.40 an hour!

Also, Eurofleet and Worldwide do really need action with regards to safeguards - UNITE need to really look at this now and get serious as it is here, or PCCC need to get their 40% at least and maybe they will get the safeguards of UNITE seem so bothered about balloting - as this ballot will not send Mixed Fleet away - but current fleets NEED safeguards!