PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPS technology breaks Perth Airport gridlock...?
Old 24th Jun 2010, 12:52
ozineurope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. But watch this space for a Lazarus!

My only recommendation is that a PIR should be done now, and a white sheet approach taken. (AGAIN) The traffic levels appear to be still increasing with no real easing evident. The PIR as you suggest must involve current controllers, industry reps, RAAF and people from PDS from the get go.

This time do it because it can be done, not because it must. Dont let the noise lobby get the last say, that is why we cant use 24 for departures or 06 for arrivals. Tie it to hours of the day if that is what it takes. Get people to think laterally and outside what we have always done. Instead of H24 procedures - make it HRAAF, after all they share the room with the TCU so you'd have a pretty good idea that they were open and the mitigator for the one that slips through the cracks is the real time coordination that we can do. Use the bloody TAAATS route function to catch the problem before it goes too far.

Ease the workload of the controllers and aircrew by removing the necessity to cancel the bloody SID on every aircraft that gets airborne between 5.30 and 7.30am by assigning SIDs (non RAAF) or SID(R) outside RAAF hours. Night flying is easily accommodated by just reverting to HRAAF departures.

FUA must still be on the agenda - it must be given a kick. This is where industry are useful, they have far more power than lowly ATCs - even at GM level. Access to Pearce TRA is a must this will only be gained by forceful and high level negotiation. Even if it is a stepped access. For Pete's sake Luftwaffe and RAF have NO exclusive use airspace at all and they fly a lot more often and a lot faster than the RAAF.

I could go on and on, but no one listened to me in 2008 so what would be differnet this year!

Keep them apart and keep smiling!