PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 10:38
max_cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hunterboy, I believe some of you are going to be unemployed because of what you do.

Willey has plans for you and your helping him achieve that.

Times are a changing, but notice, only for the workforce…not for Willey and his cohorts’

No boss worth his salt is going to forgo the opportunity to savage the T&C’s of his workforce while he can blame it on the economic situation. The sweetener is he then reaps huge bonuses in figures that would set you up for life.

If you guys believe that working for subsistence salary is a good business model you’re deluded. BA will stand on its business model, not because it pays its CC 7K or whatever.

Re-Heat, No I’m fully aware of the driving force for CEO’s in business.

I think you will find that unions are fully aware of the symbiotic relationship they have with the companies…it seems to me it’s the bosses that have forgotten.

I also know that once T&C’s are lost they are gone for good. It matters not one jot about any future saving the company makes, or any sudden economic upturn. The work force will not see anything for their efforts or sacrifices. There will be no huge bonuses on offer or golden parachutes when they move on to pastures new.

CEO’s think in 5 year terms. For them that is long term. That’s usually how long they hang around. I’ve watched many come and go, the story is the same. Screw everything and everyone, get your bonuses then move on.