PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th Jun 2010, 10:02
clublemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an outsider working for another airline, it seems no one is uncomfortable with being judge jury and executioner.

Willey is happy to keep this fight going, why? Is it because in reality the company is not in danger of going bust? Does he need to win this fight for what comes next?

If I were him I’d know that winning this would allow me to roll over every other group of workers in the company at a time of my choosing. The pilots are not unassailable either.

The 40 odd PSU personnel who have just volunteered to be the next VCC obviously don’t see what happened in Spain as a template for the rest of the UK. I’m sure you’ll all be happy working for Swissport when the time comes. Doesn’t Willey have a large stake in that? They have just trialled reduced staff at the gates…yet amazingly no alarm bells rang for the PSU volunteers’. Oh well back to watching.

If "Swissport" is next on the agenda then so be it. Im not trying to stir things here but if this is the next step in "cutting costs and maximising shareholder value" then I wont stand in the way.

Its not just in BA but probably right across the board that a good percentage of "PSU" or "Customer Services" "insert" are taking home upward of 2.5k a month.....and the airline industry cannot afford that. Maybe in the past...but certainly not now.

Dont get me wrong I think it would be wonderful if "Everyone" could win but unfortunately....these sorts of salaries cannot be maintained.

Last edited by clublemon; 24th Jun 2010 at 11:05.