PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 24th Jun 2010, 04:05
A320rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

those to be laid off were the first back
correct, but since these guys have already experience and have a type rating, they don't interest easyjet anymore.

I know a few guys who expect to fly during summer for easyjet, they may fly 500-800h within 2 years, but after 1000hours, I think they are not called anymore and they are probably looking for a job somewhere else, they will have to compete with guys who have thousand hours as well.It's going to be tough for them to find a new job.

in the opposite direction, you ave fresh Oxford pilots with 30'000 euro or more and higly desperate , ready to kill grandmom to buy a rating on the 320 which is certainly 50% more expensive than waht it would cost to easyjet.
After a nice tour of carousel , they are out ,with no money, and a little hope to get a job at Mac Donald to pay their 150'000 euro debts!

These airlines have turn their operation as a flight school which is not authorized by their certificate of operation.
Airlines are (by law) not here to train pilots, then kick them out( they can train pilot for 100h line training and should keep them, that's the goal of the line training).This is why I strongly believe some people at the CAA get some "commissions" (under table)so airlines and flight schools can continue to do their dirty business.

as long as these practices exist,unemployment will stay high and we risk now a double recession that our politician could avoid, but easy money and corruption are sadly the winners in this nasty game when recession hits.