PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 20:36
LJ du Toit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Newby posting)

I found this forum a few days after May 12, since a very good friend of mine (Anton Matthee, from Stellenbosch, South Africa) died on this flight, and I needed to support the widow with as many pertinent and (as far as possible) factual data bits related to her husband's untimely death.

I found enough here to be able to tell her it was an unexpected and very fast death, and want to thank you collectively for your dissemination and discussion of the few factoids that were available back then. My conclusion was of some comfort to her, and also to me and other close friends. I can also report that he has been identified, repatriated, and that there is (at least biological) closure on the matter.

The reason for my post is a question: Will this thread remain vigilant for (and ready to discuss) factual news being released on the accident, or has it definitively moved on to policy & procedure discussions? If the former, I'll remain an interested reader, if the latter, I'd like a heads-up to start probing elsewhere. Thanks.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Phil Squares
... you will be able to see just how simplistic and utterly avoidable this accident was ...
Heartbreaking.