PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 18:28
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First it was Sitting Bull; now we have Phil Squares, both smugly telling us that they know what happened but are not prepared to divulge their secrets.
If, for some good reason, they cannot say what happened, why are they revealing that they have such knowledge?
I couldn't possibly comment!

First of all, the only reason I made any comments on this post was because of the direction it had taken. The thoughts on this subject are way off! I merely wanted to get this topic back where it needs to be.

I am not at liberty to say what the DFDR/CVR has revealed. However, I will say, there are fundamental issues that need to be addressed. The problems that resulted in the loss of the aircraft were the result of many issues, some within the airline, some external to the airline. But, the bottom line is going to be the majority of the fault will go to the crew. In reality, it's more a breakdown of the concept of a "crew".

If the problems referred to here are 'systematic' then it is of the utmost urgency to have the report released as soon as possible, because the implication is that these same 'issues' most likely still exist right now. So the ticking time bomb is still counting down?

I will say that measures are already in place and others are being implemented to ensure this does not happen again at 8U. There will be some very painful days ahead but in the end, the carrier should be a better place.