PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The solution?
Thread: The solution?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 12:30
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Callsign Kilo,

I'm not having a go at Stanstead or anyone else. I have never been given the chance to have a go at command, that's just the way it is. Redundancy, recessions and a mistimed move have seen to that. Forgive me for sounding a bit sensitive but the attitude that once over 50 you remain in the right seat due to inability or being stuck in your ways is a little hard to swallow when coming from one who was fortunate enough to land in the right place at the right time, and yes I'm sure he has plenty of ability. For all I know I might make an utter boll*cks of an assessment in which case the failure would be all mine. I would like the chance to find out though, before I am pensioned off after 30 years in the RHS. The way things are and will probably remain, that ain't gonna happen.

If that makes me "precious" then the same must go for all the 50+ FO's in British airways, Virgin (there are a few) Thomsonfly and all the US majors. All of them will have the same or more ability and experience as guy they sit next to, they would all love a go and are all trapped by their date of joining.

Maybe some of them would like to comment.

Nasty old business this aviation isn't it? Perhaps someone should mention it to the p2f brigade.