PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC situation in Spain
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 12:09
aldegar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know who is first in the air, but why does an aircraft HAS to be first? Did they declare a pan or a mayday? Maybe I am misunderstanding this comment but in my view aircraft are just somewhere in a queue and nobody has to be in a certain position in this queue.
737Jock, in every "queue" (or APP sequence) there is always a "first" (no Pans or Maydays needed fort that!), I don't understand your comment. Maybe I should have written "after taking in consideration all factors (distance to the field, speed, altitude, wake turbulence...) whoever has to be first will be first". About speaking only in english, I allways speak in english to spanish aircraft if the transmission also affects a non-english aircraft (traffic separations, windshear...). But you are right, it's not enough and we should allways speak in english as way of improving the situational awareness of everybody. As for Madrid Ground, it's your side of the story, I would have to listen to the other side of the frequency to make any comments of that particular situation (30W, this also applies to your comments).

Why don't the Spanish ATC Union speak to the UK CAA about the UK's legal setup (SRATCOH) ?
10W, thanks for your advices. A Decree should have been allready approved regulating all this stuff (rosters, resting periods...). Apparently (I've been told) the spanish civil aviation authorities did a "copy and paste" of a NATS document (not sure if its the SRATCOH you mention). They gave a copy to USCA (our main trade union) and AENA. The first accepted it as it was, without suggesting any ammendments, but AENA opposed to it as a whole (why change a slave force with workers with rights?), and that's why we are still waiting.

their problem could become our problem one day
Nelsonmadiba, you are right. In fact, maybe it's no coincidence that president of AENA has just joined the executive committee of CANSO. Probably they want to export our ATC system to other countries and need advice from an "expert".

Yesterday I made a safety report (I enclosed my rosters) to AESA, telling them that in 34 four days (previously I posted 33, but I was wrong) I´m only having 2 days off and my concerns about safety, as well as requesting them to take action.

And thanks to (almost) everybody for your support.