PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 10:33
bucket_and_spade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAPI-74,

With airline time, why should anyone become a victim of their own experience?
I completely agree. I can't think, off-hand, of any other industry that does this.

6-10 cadets, depending on their current number of cadets
20 TR pilots from various age groups, again depending on their current situation
Remainder from instructor or Turbo Prop backgrounds 1500hrs +.
All from the UK and outside if they cannot fill the places
Again, I think something like this is a good idea and, speaking as someone who knows a bit about TCX, I genuinely think TCX try and do something approaching this - admittedly though, positions for those with experience don't seem to be advertised quite as obviously as you might hope.

From your first post I got the impression that you advocate a freeze on new pilots entering the industry until those, experienced, guys who have fallen on bad times are employed. I don't think airlines like TCX owe people a job - the company interests should come first but I completely agree with your proportional representation idea (with the 'cadets' still being a minority of those recruited) - that way there are still opportunities for those with the drive and ability to be accepted on to 'sponsored'/tagged schemes to enter the industry, while, quite rightly, the company can poach the best qualified/most experienced pilots at the same time, like any other industry/profession.

B&S