PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Important points to be considered by a Student joining a canadian flight school
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 08:03
lastdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Important points to be considered by a Student joining a canadian flight school

To all professionals / students - In Canada.

Hello.

Firstly i hope this thread is raised in the correct forum. Pardon me if it isnt.

After speaking to the students personally, researching on PPRUNE and sending out PM's to the senior members, i have decided to pursue my flight training from: www.harvsair.com

I have a few questions / queries, for which i humbly request you all to provide me with some suggestions:

Here are a few to start with:

1. Are the months of November / December appropriate ones to start the training? The flight school is based out of Steinbach. So need to plan the start date accordingly.

2. As i have a few months of paper work for the VISA, would it be advisable for me to go through: Ground Studies for PILOTS (MET / NAV or Flight planning)? I understand that it would be difficult to understand much of technical information at first go..

3. As i come from Asia, what would be the ideal way to prepare for the cold weather training? I have at the most seen 4 degrees C temerature. So is there something which i need to "KEEP IN MIND"?

4. Is there a way in which i can constrain the cost of the training without compromising the quality? I mean i understand there is never a shortcut, but im looking for a smarter way of going about my training to save TIME and if possible MONEY.

Thats all for now. And i sincerely do apperciate ANY inputs from all you people out there.

- LD