PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From the Ground Up
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 05:21
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avalanche,

My post was not meant solely at you, but I do appreciate your responding to it and removing the post with the link.

Personally I'm glad that you bought the book, that it was helpful to you and that your intention was to help somebody else find it as well.

The problem is that you didn't give the person looking for the book a link to where to find it but rather a link to an unauthorized cut & paste scan job of the book that didn't even do so much as to bother including the author's name.

If you can believe it that book has been in print now for almost 70 years, making it one of the longest lasting and mostly widely used instruction manuals in all of aviation. But, it's still the product of a small aviation publisher in Ottawa, not some big conglomorate somewhere, and when you post the entire contents for free on the internet you take away their ability to be successful publishing it and to continue to keep the book up to date and in circulation.

It'd be pretty sad if a book with that much history went out of print because the very people who profited from its contents didn't care enough to give the author and publishers their due.

Best of luck in your future and aviation career,

ELAC