PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith: Do You Agree With The Mandatory Broadcast Area in Class E Above D?
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 00:52
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Arr, Ledsled's back.

Bloggs,

You are quite amazing
I knew the compliments would start flowing eventually.

As for "vicinity", the Australian definition of "vicinity" is as per ICAO (do you understand what it means in a Metar/Speci/TAF/TTF), so what do you think ICAO should change to meet with you approval.
10nm is too close for me to find out about a previously unnotified lighty ahead, so yes, I do think that the ICAO definition is not appropriate. What relevance a METAR has to the discussion only you would know.

Do you agree with having a system that allows an aircraft to drill straight over the top of a busy CTR at 2500ft without talking to anybody?
Please read and understand the changes that came in on 3 June, by your question you obviously haven't understood.
I didn't ask you, but since you raise it, what's your answer: YES or NO?

BTW, the 3 Jun changes have nothing to do with this subject. Perhaps it is you who should read them again. Or are you going to trot out Frank's idea that because a Class D airport is a busy airport, pilots should be "broadcasting in the vicinity". I'll have to remember that when I get near Sydney. What freq should I broadcast on, by the way?