PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building help in Kent area (Aircraft shares, non-equity groups etc...)
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 20:01
Lew747

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hour building help in Kent area (Aircraft shares, non-equity groups etc...)

Hi all,

I'll cut to the chase. Basically after qualifying for my PPL last year i've been lumpered with paying high club rental rates for 152/172's and now seem to be spending most of my time trawling around looking for any non-equity or cheap aircraft shares in the Kent region (Rochester, Manston, Lydd, Headcorn etc) in order for me to build hours towards my CPL (and beyond!) Everywhere I look there seems to be nothing to fit my bill in this area.

I'm looking for something around £70 p/h wet but could stretch to £80. My current finances dictate around an hour or 2 of flying per week but I don't have sufficient funds to buy a share of £xxxx outright.

Does anyone know of anything that could be available or any contacts I could get in touch with? Unfortunately i'm very 'green' on the networking side of things so have found it difficult to get my foot in the door and finding out whats on offer! I've put a small ad in afors.com but so far no feedback.

Just so you know i'm 19 with only 65 hours so understand if my options are limited but i'm looking at every option.

Hope any of you can help. Many thanks,

Lewis